UK Accept Nigerian Nurses Working in Jamaica

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

UK Accept Nigerian Nurses Working in Jamaica

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Adewale Adewale write:
When NMC said 'majority english-speaking country'
NMC was referring to countries like:
Australia
Canada
New Zealand
United States
Republic of Ireland
So if you are trained from any of these countries, you wouldn't have the need to be looking for IELTS upandan.
A lot of people have come into my inbox asking about going to Jamaica, spend twelve months there and then nmc will accept you without english.
Well, such claim is NEVER found anywhere on the NMC website
I have never seen a single person who crossed from Jamaica without IELTS/OET and he or she is on NMC register.
If there is anyone, pls tell us here
I have no clue regarding that and I do not intend to mislead the public
I do not encourage anything not recognised by the NMC
May be I am right or now, but this is not on the nmc page
Anyone doing this, may be doing it at his or her own risk.
Ire ooo
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: UK Accept Nigerian Nurses Working in Jamaica

Charles Oguntade:
Adewale Adewale I have a consulting business that have been recruiting nurses to Jamaica since 2019 and so far I have more than 20 of them that have used the pathway to register with NMC-UK without test of English once they can demonstrate that that have worked and practice in Jamaica for 12months. All what they require to do is CBT, and then will follow up with OSCE within three months of starting work. You ask for evidence from NMC-UK below is my evidence
Charles Oguntade
Adewale Adewale

Charles Oguntade
Adewale Adewale list of countries in fact I have recently opened another frontier to two other Caribbean countries
Adewale Adewale
Charles Oguntade
so egbon, Nigerians will move from Nigeria to Jamaica, spend 12 months there and then move to the UK without language requirement sir??
Charles Oguntade
Adewale Adewale register to practice in Jamaica, work there as a nurse for 12mths at least and cross over without IELTS or OET. I have like another 27 nurses through our consulting firm currently at different stage of completing their 12mths work experience
Ofejiro Urhefe
Charles Oguntade My question is for information sake. Kindly explain what No 29 refers to in the first screenshot you shared, it reads "We will ask for further information on the language assessment you undertook".
Does it mean Jamaica registration is done without IELTS? What evidence will the individual practicing in Jamaica as an English-speaking country show to NMC in the UK when coming from Jamaica that they had previously undergone a language assessment in that country?
Charles Oguntade
Ofejiro Urhefe yes Jamaica registration is done without IELTS, the evidence you will show is the signed declaration by your employer that you can practice in a safe manner and that you can communicate well English at work. NMC will send this directly to your employer email address that you nominated. Very simple as ABC

Feyisayo Tolulope Osho
Simple truth only to the wise
Odutayo Feyisayo Yeside Oduntan
You can you move from Jamaica without ielts or oet once you've worked there for a year and I know many who has moved.
Eyiyemi Kolawole-Olaitan
Adewale Adewale . Nurses trained in Jamaica and other Caribbean countries too are exempt from IELTS. They only need to do OET and OSCE. I have many of them in my trust. So I kept wondering, why are Jamaica and Caribbean nurses exempt from English test but Nigeria nurses are not? As far as I am aware, we have many Nigerian trained nurses with very good if not excellent command of English language. Then, some said its because they are part of British colony and commonwealth or something sha😆
Adewale Adewale
Eyiyemi Kolawole-Olaitan
My dear sister
I am very much aware that Jamaicans and other Caribbeans nurses do not require english to move to the UK. Me sef have then plenty in my workplace.
What people are asking inbox is this; Nigerians trained nurses with Nigeria certificate, then go to Jamaica spend 1 year and then move after one year without any English test.
That, I have searched on the nmc website. Nowhere to be found
Eyiyemi Kolawole-Olaitan
Adewale Adewale ,Oh ok. No idea either🤔
Preeseellaa Kareem
Adewale Adewale yes, most Nigerian nurses who moved from Jamaica didn’t have to provide proof of English.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Adebisi Yetunde Olaoye
We need to send them a mail that they omitted Nigeria cos we have been speaking English since Kindergarten
Adewale Adewale
Adebisi Yetunde Olaoye
This is very RELEVANT
The stratification is so glaring and obviously painful 😢
Kiki Smith
Adebisi Yetunde Olaoye
I pray we succeed

Alabi Oyinloye
Thank God my country is among the list, now I can relax
Adewale Adewale
Alabi Oyinloye
your country is Republic of Oyo Alaafin
Alabi Oyinloye
Adewale Adewale laye, I'm 2nd on the list check well😁😁😁
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Preeseellaa Kareem
Jamaicans/ most carribeans and Nigerian nurses from there never provide English proof. I know so many.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic